Children's Literature Gems: Choosing and Using Them in Your Library Career (ALA Editions)

Children's Literature Gems: Choosing and Using Them in Your Library Career - Betsy Bird I have not read this book. :)I have just read this author's review of Bink and Gollie which I just finished and which I loved. Not as much as Mercy Watson, but almost. I did like the pictures more. This is saying a lot. I llloooovve Mercy Watson.Elizabeth Bird is a children's librarian extraordinaire and she wrote this book Children's Literature Gems that I am recommending because although her review of Bink and Gollie was a tad overly long (*totally* understandable), she was generally so fantastic that it made me wonder why she isn't a children's author. Then, get this-she's going to be one this year.I don't know why I get up in the morning! I should just call Elizabeth up and say, "Oh, hi! Yeah, it's me Hilary! By the way, could you go and be me today? Okay, just like yesterday then? Thanks! Bye!"She's that good. I could take the day off and nap, or work on my art project, or contemplate my existence. Just read the reviews she's written and then you'll say to yourself, "Oh, *that's* what she meant!" and immediately subscribe to her blog, buy her book, and want to be her best friend! I know because that's what I did. :)