People of the Book: A Novel

People of the Book - Geraldine Brooks, Geraldine Brooks I finished this book (The People of the Book) a few months ago and have learned so much about a priceless book called the Sarajevo Haggadah, a book that was made before the Spanish Inquisition. The survival of the Sarajevo Haggadah through that event in history is incredible in itself and the author does a good job of pulling the reader into a novelization of historical events regarding the amazing survival of this Jewish equivalent in art of a Christian Book of Hours with beautiful, painstaking art to illuminate the Old Testament events read for a Seder feast.As good as the book by Ms. Brooks was the true story is even more compelling-a first class historical mystery! I highly recommend reading the wikipedia article about the Sarajevo Haggadah. I recommend that you go down to the bottom of the page and click on the link to the German website regarding it (I know, I know, life is so ironic!) which has pictures of all the pages of the book and remember to read right to left! It's very survival is full of twists and turns that are very interesting.